How long do eyelash extensions last?
Eyelash extensions last until the natural eyelash they are attached to sheds. Typically we lose 3-5 natural eyelashes per day which is why a fill is necessary every 2-3 weeks.
Generally speaking, if you’d like to keep your eyelash extensions looking pretty full, I recommend coming in every 2 weeks. If you’re okay with having your eyelash extensions look a little bit more sparse in between fills, you can wait 3 weeks.
Are eyelash extensions safe?
Eyelash extensions are generally safe, however it is important to consider a few factors first. Make sure to research the lash artist you are planning to book with beforehand. Eyelash extensions are damaging when they are not applied properly so it is important to ensure your lash artist is fully licensed and uses proper technique.
How do I clean my eyelash extensions?
All first time full sets come with an aftercare kit which includes a cleanser and brush. Use roughly one pump per eye and do gentle circular motions along your lash line to keep the small gap between the extensions and the skin clean. It is important to cleanse your lashes daily, especially if you wear makeup or have naturally oily skin.
What do I need to know before getting eyelash extensions?
- Cleanse your natural eyelashes before your appointment
- Do not wear any makeup
- Do not drink caffeine before your appointment as this can cause your eyes to flutter
- Be prepared to lay on your back for 2-3 hours depending on what style you are getting
What type of eyelash extensions are best?
Since beginning my career as a lash artist in 2017, lash health has been a major priority of mine. Through my experience, I have concluded that the “natural but noticeable” look is best in terms of lash health. This look is different for everyone depending on eye shape as well as the length, density and health of the natural eyelashes. Finding a well licensed and well trained lash artist is important to ensure they are able to indentify what will best suit your natural eyelashes.
How do I know if my lash tech is good?
There are a few ways you can tell if your lashes are being applied properly:
- Your extensions don’t hurt
- Your lash line isn’t red, itchy, irritated or inflamed (this can also be a reaction rather than poor technique)
- Your extensions don’t fall out with more than one natural lash attached
- Your extensions don’t fall out in clumps (different than volume fans)
- You don’t have gaps in your natural lashes that weren’t there before extensions